Friday, December 30, 2011

344/365 New Year's Goals

Friends and Fitness Enthusiasts,

I was talking with my client and friend Anthony today about New Year's Resolutions. We've decided to scrap "resolutions" and replace it with "goals". Behavior changes can happen anytime. Although the new year is a nice round reason to make a new change, I and my fellow gym staff members can tell you that these behavior changes die out by February. Instead, we shall make goals of things we'd like to accomplish over the year.

Since I have this neat blog, I can look back to what my goals were last year. Out of my four fitness related goals, this is how I did:
- Beat my 10K personal record (PR)
    - I injured myself before my 10K race in June and didn't run one for time afterwards
- Participate in at least 3 races of any distance
    - I signed up for one race but got injured before it
- Take kickboxing or some martial arts class
    - I taught a kickboxing class when I worked for Verizon, not sure if that really counts
- Become or work on becoming a yogi starting with 1 session/week
    - I do yoga 2-3 sessions/week, success!


My scorecard does not look very good at the moment... However, I am determined to do better this year! I'm so excited about it that I wrote it down yesterday. 


- Continue to be a yogi
- Participate in 3 or more races (I'm already signed up for 2!)
- PR for 10K
- Go hiking in at least 5 places I've never been

Who wants to share? Happy goal making and have a wonderful New Year's Eve celebration!

In health,
Lauren

PS: As my mother still says, "Don't drink too much tonight."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

abdominals (19) alcohol (2) almonds (3) antiperspirants (1) apparel (6) apples (6) avocado (3) back (13) baking (13) balance (6) banana (2) barley (1) blood pressure (2) book (1) bosu (4) bread (5) breakfast (9) brownies (1) calf stretch (1) calories (4) candy (2) carbohydrates (5) cardio (23) chest (5) chicken breast (2) chocolate (16) cholesterol (2) circuit training (3) cold (1) computer (1) control (19) cookie (3) core (6) cycling (5) dancing (3) delicious (7) desk (1) diabetes (1) diet (32) donating blood (1) downward facing dog (2) endurance training (3) energy (7) energy drinks (1) exercise (92) fat (6) feeling good (6) fiber (5) fitness (10) flaxseeds (2) food (62) form (2) fruit (13) gait (6) gardening (1) goal (10) granola (5) grape seed oil (2) hamstrings (3) headstand (1) healthy (24) heart disease (1) heart rate (5) hearty (2) hiking (2) hips (2) holiday (5) hydration (10) ice (1) injury (2) intervals (6) jiu jitsu (1) journal (2) jump rope (2) junk food (25) kale (1) kickboxing (2) laughter (3) low glycemic (1) low impact (1) massage (3) medicine ball (3) meditation (2) muffins (1) muscle cramps (2) muscles (2) mushrooms (2) music (3) nap (1) nutrition (6) nuts (3) oatmeal (4) omega-3 (1) overeating (2) overload (1) overtraining (1) paleo diet (4) parkour (1) pasta (2) peace (1) pickles (1) pilates (2) plate (2) plyos (6) podcast (1) pomegranate (1) portions (2) pose (2) posture (2) prevention (4) protein (11) pull muscles (2) pumpkin (1) push muscles (2) push ups (5) pyramid (1) quinoa (1) ratio (1) recipe (49) recovery (8) relaxing (4) resistance bands (1) rest (6) rock climbing (1) running (20) safety (2) seeds (1) shoes (2) shooting (1) shoulders (4) sick (2) sitting (1) ski (1) sleep (10) smoothie (3) snack (17) snow (2) snowboard (1) sparkling juice (1) sparkling natural soda (1) spinach (4) sprain (1) squash (3) squat (2) stairs (3) standing (1) strain (1) strength (16) stress (4) stretching (5) superset (1) sweat (4) sweet potatoes (3) swimming (2) vegetables (6) versaclimber (1) video games (1) walking (4) water (11) water aerobics (1) weight (1) weight lifting (5) Wii (1) winter (9) yoga (10) yogurt (7) zucchini (4)