Friday, December 31, 2010

164/365 New Year's Resolution Eve

Friends and Fitness Enthusiasts,

Do you remember the New Year's Resolutions you made at the beginning of this year? Me neither! If I wrote them down, I have no idea where they are now or what they were even about. This year, I resolve to do something a little different.

Instead, I will make smaller goals to accomplish throughout the year. For example, I could say, I want to decrease my 10K time for the 10K I plan to run in April. My next goal could be decreasing that time again by October. If I have a weight goal, I could set one for March then try to maintain it until September (6 months). I will keep my list of goals visible at all times, like by my mirror or on my dresser.

Something else you can do is write a letter to yourself. Write about where you are in your life and where you hope to be when you read it 1 year from now, 5 years from now, 10 years from now, etc. There is a letter like this waiting for me to open tomorrow that I wrote to myself when I was in 6th grade; I can't wait.

It is important to document our lives for posterity, nostalgia, and our health. Never be satisfied with yourself for too long. If we are satisfied, why bother hoping or dreaming? Always reach for something more of yourself and of others be it your sleep, activity, or diet.

In health,

Lauren

PS: As my mother says, "Don't drink too much tonight."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

abdominals (19) alcohol (2) almonds (3) antiperspirants (1) apparel (6) apples (6) avocado (3) back (13) baking (13) balance (6) banana (2) barley (1) blood pressure (2) book (1) bosu (4) bread (5) breakfast (9) brownies (1) calf stretch (1) calories (4) candy (2) carbohydrates (5) cardio (23) chest (5) chicken breast (2) chocolate (16) cholesterol (2) circuit training (3) cold (1) computer (1) control (19) cookie (3) core (6) cycling (5) dancing (3) delicious (7) desk (1) diabetes (1) diet (32) donating blood (1) downward facing dog (2) endurance training (3) energy (7) energy drinks (1) exercise (92) fat (6) feeling good (6) fiber (5) fitness (10) flaxseeds (2) food (62) form (2) fruit (13) gait (6) gardening (1) goal (10) granola (5) grape seed oil (2) hamstrings (3) headstand (1) healthy (24) heart disease (1) heart rate (5) hearty (2) hiking (2) hips (2) holiday (5) hydration (10) ice (1) injury (2) intervals (6) jiu jitsu (1) journal (2) jump rope (2) junk food (25) kale (1) kickboxing (2) laughter (3) low glycemic (1) low impact (1) massage (3) medicine ball (3) meditation (2) muffins (1) muscle cramps (2) muscles (2) mushrooms (2) music (3) nap (1) nutrition (6) nuts (3) oatmeal (4) omega-3 (1) overeating (2) overload (1) overtraining (1) paleo diet (4) parkour (1) pasta (2) peace (1) pickles (1) pilates (2) plate (2) plyos (6) podcast (1) pomegranate (1) portions (2) pose (2) posture (2) prevention (4) protein (11) pull muscles (2) pumpkin (1) push muscles (2) push ups (5) pyramid (1) quinoa (1) ratio (1) recipe (49) recovery (8) relaxing (4) resistance bands (1) rest (6) rock climbing (1) running (20) safety (2) seeds (1) shoes (2) shooting (1) shoulders (4) sick (2) sitting (1) ski (1) sleep (10) smoothie (3) snack (17) snow (2) snowboard (1) sparkling juice (1) sparkling natural soda (1) spinach (4) sprain (1) squash (3) squat (2) stairs (3) standing (1) strain (1) strength (16) stress (4) stretching (5) superset (1) sweat (4) sweet potatoes (3) swimming (2) vegetables (6) versaclimber (1) video games (1) walking (4) water (11) water aerobics (1) weight (1) weight lifting (5) Wii (1) winter (9) yoga (10) yogurt (7) zucchini (4)