Friday, April 22, 2011

276/365 DIY Junk Food: Milano Cookies

Friends and Fitness Enthusiasts,

I have been looking forward to this weekend because it's Holy Week and I enjoy celebrating Easter and because there are so many foods I want to make!

Here is the first: homemade Milano Cookies. I do love these Pepperidge Farm treats, so much that I ignored them at the grocery store and decided that yes in fact this is something I can do myself! Thanks to foodgawker.com, I was able to find lots of different recipes for it. I decided to go with this one. I followed the recipe exactly except that clearly I made sandwiches instead of drizzling the chocolate on top. Each cookie sandwich is 130 calories (Pepperidge Farm actually wins here, 3 cookies = 180 calories); I blame it on the ridiculous amount of butter in the dough. I want to try this again with less butter...we'll see. Still, so delicious! Since I worked hard to make it myself, I'd like to think that I'm much more inclined not to scarf them down; that is the method behind the DIY Junk Food madness.

In health,

Lauren

2 comments:

  1. My sister analyzed them in her nutrition class and talked about how unhealthy they are... then brought in samples for the class. No one wanted to eat them.. you know who did? This girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah that's my girl! yeah, i mean they are absolutely junk food but too good and I had fun making them :) Keep hitting that stair mill and we're okay.

    Plus, idk what the ingredients are in the brand version, I know exactly what's in here so take that! lol.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

abdominals (19) alcohol (2) almonds (3) antiperspirants (1) apparel (6) apples (6) avocado (3) back (13) baking (13) balance (6) banana (2) barley (1) blood pressure (2) book (1) bosu (4) bread (5) breakfast (9) brownies (1) calf stretch (1) calories (4) candy (2) carbohydrates (5) cardio (23) chest (5) chicken breast (2) chocolate (16) cholesterol (2) circuit training (3) cold (1) computer (1) control (19) cookie (3) core (6) cycling (5) dancing (3) delicious (7) desk (1) diabetes (1) diet (32) donating blood (1) downward facing dog (2) endurance training (3) energy (7) energy drinks (1) exercise (92) fat (6) feeling good (6) fiber (5) fitness (10) flaxseeds (2) food (62) form (2) fruit (13) gait (6) gardening (1) goal (10) granola (5) grape seed oil (2) hamstrings (3) headstand (1) healthy (24) heart disease (1) heart rate (5) hearty (2) hiking (2) hips (2) holiday (5) hydration (10) ice (1) injury (2) intervals (6) jiu jitsu (1) journal (2) jump rope (2) junk food (25) kale (1) kickboxing (2) laughter (3) low glycemic (1) low impact (1) massage (3) medicine ball (3) meditation (2) muffins (1) muscle cramps (2) muscles (2) mushrooms (2) music (3) nap (1) nutrition (6) nuts (3) oatmeal (4) omega-3 (1) overeating (2) overload (1) overtraining (1) paleo diet (4) parkour (1) pasta (2) peace (1) pickles (1) pilates (2) plate (2) plyos (6) podcast (1) pomegranate (1) portions (2) pose (2) posture (2) prevention (4) protein (11) pull muscles (2) pumpkin (1) push muscles (2) push ups (5) pyramid (1) quinoa (1) ratio (1) recipe (49) recovery (8) relaxing (4) resistance bands (1) rest (6) rock climbing (1) running (20) safety (2) seeds (1) shoes (2) shooting (1) shoulders (4) sick (2) sitting (1) ski (1) sleep (10) smoothie (3) snack (17) snow (2) snowboard (1) sparkling juice (1) sparkling natural soda (1) spinach (4) sprain (1) squash (3) squat (2) stairs (3) standing (1) strain (1) strength (16) stress (4) stretching (5) superset (1) sweat (4) sweet potatoes (3) swimming (2) vegetables (6) versaclimber (1) video games (1) walking (4) water (11) water aerobics (1) weight (1) weight lifting (5) Wii (1) winter (9) yoga (10) yogurt (7) zucchini (4)