Wednesday, April 27, 2011

281/365 Shopping to Stay Motivated

Friends and Fitness Enthusiasts,

As you know, I have been switching up my routine in hopes to get my body just right for beach season. I feel awesome and have lost weight; I think I'll reach at least one of my goals by this time next Wednesday. To keep myself motivated (and because there were incredible sales), I decided to go shopping. Lately I haven't had many good shopping days but, on a particularly rainy and gray Monday, I went to the mall and was very pleased.

I grabbed a bunch of clothes to try on and one after the other I was pleased with the result. I looked great in everything I tried on and felt sexy and cool. This feeling of satisfaction from my accomplishments thus far have stayed with me over the last day and a half. When I'm tempted to eat a few more calories or slack off, I think about that feeling, how awesome and proud of myself I felt trying on everything. This helped me regain discipline and stick with my plan until the end (at least until the next morning, temptation is always about!).

So, even if you don't buy anything, go shopping halfway through your own endeavors. Try on a different size or a style you didn't think you could pull off; you just might surprise yourself. Are you happy about how you feel? Are you happy about how you look? I was thinking about that quote, "Nothing tastes as good as this looks." I'd like to make a change: "Nothing tastes as good as this feels." Feeling healthy and comfortable in your skin is priceless and worth more than all the calories in the world.

In health,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

abdominals (19) alcohol (2) almonds (3) antiperspirants (1) apparel (6) apples (6) avocado (3) back (13) baking (13) balance (6) banana (2) barley (1) blood pressure (2) book (1) bosu (4) bread (5) breakfast (9) brownies (1) calf stretch (1) calories (4) candy (2) carbohydrates (5) cardio (23) chest (5) chicken breast (2) chocolate (16) cholesterol (2) circuit training (3) cold (1) computer (1) control (19) cookie (3) core (6) cycling (5) dancing (3) delicious (7) desk (1) diabetes (1) diet (32) donating blood (1) downward facing dog (2) endurance training (3) energy (7) energy drinks (1) exercise (92) fat (6) feeling good (6) fiber (5) fitness (10) flaxseeds (2) food (62) form (2) fruit (13) gait (6) gardening (1) goal (10) granola (5) grape seed oil (2) hamstrings (3) headstand (1) healthy (24) heart disease (1) heart rate (5) hearty (2) hiking (2) hips (2) holiday (5) hydration (10) ice (1) injury (2) intervals (6) jiu jitsu (1) journal (2) jump rope (2) junk food (25) kale (1) kickboxing (2) laughter (3) low glycemic (1) low impact (1) massage (3) medicine ball (3) meditation (2) muffins (1) muscle cramps (2) muscles (2) mushrooms (2) music (3) nap (1) nutrition (6) nuts (3) oatmeal (4) omega-3 (1) overeating (2) overload (1) overtraining (1) paleo diet (4) parkour (1) pasta (2) peace (1) pickles (1) pilates (2) plate (2) plyos (6) podcast (1) pomegranate (1) portions (2) pose (2) posture (2) prevention (4) protein (11) pull muscles (2) pumpkin (1) push muscles (2) push ups (5) pyramid (1) quinoa (1) ratio (1) recipe (49) recovery (8) relaxing (4) resistance bands (1) rest (6) rock climbing (1) running (20) safety (2) seeds (1) shoes (2) shooting (1) shoulders (4) sick (2) sitting (1) ski (1) sleep (10) smoothie (3) snack (17) snow (2) snowboard (1) sparkling juice (1) sparkling natural soda (1) spinach (4) sprain (1) squash (3) squat (2) stairs (3) standing (1) strain (1) strength (16) stress (4) stretching (5) superset (1) sweat (4) sweet potatoes (3) swimming (2) vegetables (6) versaclimber (1) video games (1) walking (4) water (11) water aerobics (1) weight (1) weight lifting (5) Wii (1) winter (9) yoga (10) yogurt (7) zucchini (4)